Thursday, August 5, 2010

Salt (2010)


Indeed, I actually left my cave and went to the theaters. And before you frown on my for choosing something like Salt (I already saw Inception, so don't start on me), but I had my expectations reasonably lowered.

Going in, I knew the film was going to be ridiculous. I even wanted a plot so insanely stupid that the denouement would include a Scooby Doo reveal of a mask being ripped off someone's head and revealing the mastermind behind the whole plot.

And while this didn't happen, Salt was still ridiculous enough to keep me entertained for the entirety of its running time.

Here's all the plot you need to know, CIA agent Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie) is accused of being a Russian Spy, causing her to go on the run in an effort to find her husband who has gone missing.

What follows are chase and action sequences that feature Angelina Jolie being a complete and total badass, which is really what I only wanted from the film. I wanted to see Angelina Jolie kicking ass and being cool. And she actually does deliver a good performance, to her credit.

I know this review is essentially scatterbrained and not terribly well-written, but if you're bored and wanting an enjoyable 2 hours, lower your expectations and see Salt. It's ridiculous, a bit confusing, but it's entertaining as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment