Friday, May 8, 2009

A Bit of an Introduction

Hello, readers (though at the moment I'm making the assumption that I have none). I figured my first entry would be a little introduction of myself as well as what I plan on doing with this particular blog, which obviously focuses on movies.

First of all, my name is Russell, I live in Ohio and I am a 20 year old college student. I just finished my classes yesterday, and I figured I would create a blog to kill time during the summer as well as give me additional motivation to watch the growing stack of movies that I need to watch.

And when it comes to the movie talk, I'm not planning on writing uber-serious commentary on the movies because I simply don't have the know-how of the movie making process to speak with any sort of authority in addition to lacking any sort of confidence in writing a "serious" review of a film or analyzing a particular movement in film.

My tastes in film typically skew older, typically 30's and 40's, but I still watch the occasional newer film, so I'm not going to be completely dated.

Hopefully I'll actually stick with this and maybe gain a few readers (hopefully) and generally just have fun with this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment